This article applies to Contextual Commerce. (Looking for Classic Commerce documentation?)
The Vendor Notifications feature allows you to configure customizable email messages that will be sent to you (or to specified third-party email addresses) each time certain triggering events occur. For example, you can configure a custom notice to be sent to a specific email address (or a list of addresses) each time a certain product is purchased. The Vendor Notifications menu is also where you can configure which email addresses will be used for all other (non-custom) publisher-facing email messages.
To configure Vendor Notifications, click the Settings menu in the Dashboard and then select the Vendor Notifications tab.
The Default Settings section displays the primary contact email address for the account by default.
You can click the EDIT command to configure the following settings:
|Outbound BCC Address|
Optionally specify one or more email addresses that will be BCC'd on all outgoing customer-facing email messages (e.g. new order receipts, fulfillment email messages, etc.).
It is recommended that you enter a special e-mail address that is only used for this purpose, or create a mail routing rule to automatically file these messages, since entering
an address here will result in all customer-facing messages being copied to the specified address(es).
|Primary Account Contact||View and / or edit the First Name, Last Name and Email address of the primary contact person for your account. (This affects all of your Stores, not just the current one.)|
|Store Notification Addresses||If your account has more than one Store, you can configure separate Default Email Addresses and Alert Email Addresses for each Store.|
The Custom Emails section lists all custom vendor notifications (there are none configured by default) and allows you to add new notifications or edit notifications you have previously created. In the example image below, we have already created a custom notification to be sent when returns are completed for a certain product, and another for returns processed in a certain specific Store.
To configure a custom vendor notification
You can create new vendor notifications using the following process. The images below provide an example of creating a notification to be sent when a certain product is purchased.
- Click ADD in the Custom Emails section. The Setup page will appear.
- Click the drop-down selector for the Event Type and choose which type of event will trigger messages to be sent via this notification.
- Click NEXT. A basic notification will be created, and the you can customize it.
- Three pages of options will become available: General, Conditions and Advanced. We will take a look at the options on each page in a moment. You can click at any time (on any page) to save your changes.
- The Custom Email Template section, which contains the notification template that controls the content of the messages that will be sent, appears at the bottom of all three pages.
- Context-specific Help is available based on the Event Type selected in step 2. In this example, clicking the order link will open a popup window that lists some of the order object variables you can reference in the Contents of the notification.
- The Subject field lets you control the subject line of messages that will be sent via this notification.
The Contents area lets you control the actual contents of messages that will be sent via this notification.
- On the General page, the Name field allows you to optionally enter a name for the new notification.
- The Email Address List field lets you optionally enter one or more email addresses to which messages will be sent via this notification. If you enter more than one address, use commas to separate them. If you leave this field blank (which is the default value), messages for this notification will be sent to the default address for the Store.
- The Conditions page allows you to configure the specific circumstances under which messages will be sent for this notification. In the Applicable Site field, you can click the drop-down and select the Store to which the notification will apply (or select Applies to all to have the notification apply to all Stores).
- In the Rule Applicability field, you can specify whether the notification will apply for Rebills Only (meaning automatic scheduled subscription transactions), Non-Rebills Only (meaning new orders), or all orders (Always Applies).
- The Products field lets you specify which products will trigger messages to be sent via this notification. You can optionally click Add Product to open the Add Product pop-up window, where you can click a drop-down selector to choose a specific product and then click ADD.
More than one product can be specified by repeating this step; if you do not specify any product, then the notification will be used for all transactions matching the selected Event Type.
- The Condition Expression field lets you optionally enter an expression using logical evaluation to further narrow the circumstances under which messages will be sent for this notification. More information about using logical evaluation can be found in the Template Reference. As with the Custom Email Template section of the page, context-specific Help is available based on the selected Event Type. In the example image above, clicking the order link would open a popup window that lists some of the order object variables you can reference in the Condition Expression.
- The Advanced page lets you control the character encoding that will be used for messages sent via this notification. This may be helpful in some cases when you plan to implement a script to parse the incoming notification messages. Click the drop-down selector for the Character Encoding field and select whether the messages will use UTF-8 encoding (the default value) or ISO-8859-1 encoding.
- Remember to click
when you are finished, to save your changes. The new notification will appear on the Vendor Notifications page.