This article applies to Contextual Commerce. (Looking for Classic Commerce documentation?)
Best practices with cross-sells
Some marketers warn against offering cross-sell products that increase the overall order by more than 25%, offering cross-sell products that are unfamiliar to customers, or offering too many cross-sell products, as this may overwhelm customers and actually decrease your overall conversion rates. Cross-selling tends to work best when cross-sell products are a maximum of half the price of the original product, on smaller-priced products and cross-sells, and with natural bundling (such as offering batteries to go with an electronic device). They tend not to work when cross-sell products are more than half the price of the original product, or when the cross-selling is reversed (such as offering an electronic device to go with batteries).
This article will teach you how to create a cross-sell on on a product. The article assumes that the initial / driving product and the accompanying, cross-sell products have already been set up in your Store.
Product offers, including cross-sells, are only displayed on Web Storefronts. If you use a Popup Storefront, the Storefront is not rendered until the customer triggers the checkout process. At that point, the contents of the cart have already been set and there is no opportunity to display product offers directly in the payment info popup. However, you can use the Store Builder Library to control the layout and placement of all products offered on the pages of your website prior to triggering the checkout process / Popup Storefront.
To create a cross-sell offer
- From the Dashboard, select the Products menu, and then select Products, Bundles or Subscriptions depending on what type of product will cause the cross-sell offer to be displayed.
- Click the tile of the product, bundle or subscription that will cause the cross-sell offer to be displayed when a purchaser selects it.
- At the lower left-hand corner of the product's details, click ADD PRODUCT OFFER.
- The Add Product Offer popup window will appear. The Cross-Sell option is selected by default.
- In the Display field, you can optionally enter a marketing message that will be shown when the cross-sell offer is presented. If your Store supports multiple languages, you can click the language drop-down selector and enter the message in each supported language. Some suggestions for the Display field include "We Also Recommend", "May We Suggest", "Better Together", "Save On", "Customers Also Liked", "Frequently Bought Together", and "Customers Also Purchased".
The Placement field is only applicable when you offer more than one cross-sell or upsell item for the same product, bundle or subscription. You can use the Placement field to control the sequence in which the upsell products and cross-sell products are listed on the Web Storefront. Position #1 would be the topmost among all offers, Position #2 would come next, and so on. When you are setting up the first cross-sell or upsell offer for a product, only Position #1 will be available in this field.
Offering Cross-sells and Up-sells Together?If you offer both a cross-sell and an upsell on the same base product, we recommend that you set the upsell product to Position #1 so that it will be presented closest to the product selected by the customer if cross-sells and upsells are grouped together.
- In the Products field, begin typing the title of the product that will be offered as a cross-sell. This can be an original product or a product variation (e.g. if you want to offer a discount to motivate customers to add the cross-sell item). Search results will instantly appear just under the Products field, and will be updated each time you type a character.
- Select the product from the drop-down search results below the field. You can also repeat this process to add additional products as cross-sell offers.
- You can also click Remove if you make a mistake or need to change the product being offered as a cross-sell.
If you select the Pre-selected check box next to the product, the cross-sell item will be added to the cart automatically together with the product you are editing. This would increase the order Subtotal to include both the product you are editing and the cross-sell product, and customers would have to click Remove if they do not want to purchase the cross-sell item. (Note: Automatically adding the cross-sell item to the cart may potentially increase its "attach rate", but it may also be viewed in a negative light by some customers and may result in a negative impact to your conversion rate and/or an increase in chargebacks or refunds.)If you select a product variation that has a reduced price to motivate customers to accept the cross-sell offer and you want to prevent the reduced-priced item from being purchased by itself, it is important to select an item that has a status of . That way, if a customer removes the current, cross-sell triggering product from the cart, the reduced-price item will also be removed automatically.
- Click SAVE to complete the process. The Cross-sell field will now appear on the product detail page, as shown below. You can click anywhere on that line to edit the offer.
Once you have completed setting up a cross-sell, it will be offered on your Web Storefronts whenever a purchaser selects the product. Here is an example of the cross-sell that we set up above:
The placement of the cross-sell offerings on the pages of your Storefront can controlled by accessing Storefronts > Web Storefronts > SETTINGS (for your selected Storefront) > Promotions.