This article applies to Contextual Commerce. (Looking for Classic Commerce documentation?)
This article describes how to use the FastSpring API to place an order if the account already has payment details stored in the FastSpring customer account.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want authorization to be able to process charges to a customer account outside the normal process in which a customer places an order. If you have been authorized to make such charges, the general procedure to implement it is as follows:
- Store the account ID that was returned.
- Later, when you want to process an order against that account without customer input, compose a JSON array on your server that contains the items in the order.
- Make a request to the /orders endpoint using the order payload and customer account ID.
- If the payment information is valid, the order is automatically completed.
- If the payment information is not valid or is unavailable, you will receive an error. You must handle the error by communicating with the customer and asking them to update their account information using the "Manage Your Account" link that was provided by email when they placed the initial order.