As with a brick-and-mortar store, Storefronts give you a range of possibilities in grouping, presenting and selling your products. The default Storefront will use a default theme, "Foundation", to display your products and related offers. It is ready for use right from the start. You can easily customize a Storefront to resemble your website or tweak its behavior using a simple set of available adjustments. You can also create any number of Storefronts within a Store by either "copying" a Storefront or creating one from scratch.
When is it a good idea to create a new Storefront?
Storefronts are intended for customization and experimentation and you can assign different products to different Storefronts. Some great examples of reasons to use multiple Storefronts include:
- Locale-specific Storefronts with different default languages and/or currencies
- Mac vs. Windows or Apple vs. Android storefronts
- Holiday-themed Storefronts
- Different looks for different customer characteristics
- Temporary Storefronts for holidays, bundles and special offers
- Experiments to determine which layout customizations result in more purchases
- Different Web interfaces: Web Storefronts vs. Popup Storefronts from your website vs. Storefronts embedded into your website via the Store Builder Library.
Creating a new Storefront allows you to test your conversion improvement ideas or fine-tune the purchase process for traffic segments. To make this process simple and safe, we have implemented a number of features:
Copying Storefronts allows you to easily create a new Storefront by duplicating an existing one and making a few adjustments to it.
Each Storefront has its own URL.
Each Storefront can use a different product layout, theme and other settings, letting you completely customize its appearance.
- Storefronts allow for additional flexibility in up-sells and cross-sells, letting you maximize your average order value by presenting different offers for different traffic and cases.
For additional flexibility you can create:
- Web Storefront - a regular Storefront on a webpage similar to the original FastSpring Stores.
- Popup Storefront - Using Popup Storefronts, you can sell directly on your website. When a customer clicks a purchase link, it brings up a "Lightbox popup" with payment methods to expedite the purchase and simplify the customer experience.
- Custom Storefronts using Store Builder Library to dynamically display product information, promotional offers, a shopping cart, and other data from your FastSpring Store right on your website. With this approach, you have complete control over the user interface, and you can use "buy" buttons that trigger a Web Storefront or a Popup Storefront to complete the purchase.