This article applies to Contextual Commerce. (Looking for Classic Commerce documentation?)
The Settings menu in the Dashboard consists of three tabs.
|Store Settings||Allows you to specify the Store's default website and control email and localization settings|
|Vendor Notifications||Lets you create and configure custom notification email messages to be sent to you when certain events such as orders or returns occur|
|Customer Notifications||Lets you control the subscription-related email messages sent to customers, as well as order receipt messages sent from the New Email System|
The Store Settings menu has options that let you specify the Store's default website and control certain email and localization settings. This sub-menu (selected by default upon clicking the Settings menu) includes three pages with links on the left-hand side of the menu.
Here is a listing of the fields available on the General page.
- Main Website (Store) URL - Enter the full external URL of the website which will primarily link to this store. This is typically the company homepage, with no specific page in the URL. Example: http://www.abc-company.com
- Name - Enter the name of the Store (for management purposes). This will be shown in the Store's menu at the top left-hand corner of the Dashboard, but will not be displayed on the Storefronts by default.
Template to use for Default Order Receipt Notification - This field lets you control whether the Store will use the Legacy Email System or the New Email System for the Default Order Receipt email message sent to customers. If you change this setting, you will be prompted to confirm the change. Selecting the New Email System will cause two new fields will appear, allowing you to specify the From Name and Reply-To Email address that will be used for customers' order receipt email messages.
NoteThe From Name and Reply-To-Email fields on this page will only be used when New Email System is selected. If Legacy Email System is selected, those values will be controlled by the settings on the Support Contact page.
NoteThe Reply-To Email address specified will be used if a customer clicks the Reply button in their email client while viewing an order receipt email message. This should not be confused with the sender address of the messages, which may differ.
The following fields are included on the Localization page.
- Base Currency - If the currency of the buyer's country is unavailable for use as a payment method, the Base Currency specified here will be used instead. The Base Currency is generally USD, but if you have questions about this or you want to change it, please submit a support ticket via https://support.fastspring.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. More information about currency conversion is available in Currencies, Conversions and Taxes.
Available Currencies - Customers will only be able to purchase in the currencies selected here. Likewise, when editing a product, bundle or a subscription, you can only specify currency-specific prices in currencies that are selected here.
NoteThe list of currencies available to customers can be overridden at the Storefront level without impacting your ability to enter currency-specific pricing. For more information, please see Overriding Currencies and Language Settings for Storefronts .
NoteEnabling RUB or ZAR will make PayPal unavailable as a payment option for those countries.
The following fields are found on the Support Contact page.
- Support Contact Name - Enter the contact name for your customer support team. A general support name is typically used, rather than a person's name. For example, "ABC-Company.com Support Department".
- Support Contact Email - Enter the email address customers can use to contact support for questions related to sales on this Store. For example, "firstname.lastname@example.org", or "email@example.com".