This article applies to Contextual Commerce. (Looking for Classic Commerce documentation?)
Product Options allow you to present different options to purchasers during the purchase process. They are similar to cross-sells and upsells, except they are displayed with only the product name and price, and they take up less space on the pages of your Web Storefront.
There are three types of product options available:
Similar to upsells, selecting an alternative replaces the item in the cart
|Single choice options:
Similar to cross-sells, except the purchaser can choose a single additional
product from a list, using radio buttons
|Multiple choice options:
Similar to cross-sells, except the purchaser can choose multiple additional
products from a list, using check boxes
Product options are only displayed on Web Storefronts. If you use a Popup Storefront, the Storefront is not rendered until the customer triggers the checkout process. At that point, the contents of the cart have already been set and there is no opportunity to display product options directly in the payment info popup. However, you can use the Store Builder Library to control the layout and placement of all products and options offered on the pages of your website prior to triggering the checkout process / Popup Storefront.
To configure product options
- From the Dashboard, select the Products menu and then select Products, Bundles or Subscriptions in the sub-menu, depending on the type of item to which you want to add product options.
- Click the tile of the product, bundle or subscription to which you want to add product options.
- On the detail page, click ADD PRODUCT OPTIONS.
The Add Product Options popup window will appear. Select the type of product options you want to add.If you select Single choice option or Multiple choice option, two additional check boxes will become available:
Require Selection - Selecting this check box will require purchasers to select at least one of the product options in order to proceed, which will increase the order subtotal unless the selected product option is free.
Inherit Quantity - Selecting this check box will cause any selected product option to initially have the same quantity as the primary product, i.e., the product you are editing. Purchasers will still have the option to change the quantity of either item if desired.
- In the Display field, you can optionally enter a heading that will be displayed on the Web Storefront, just above the product offer(s) you are configuring. This may be especially if you are adding Single choice or Multiple choice options, as cross-sells. If your Store supports more than one language, you can click the language drop-down and enter the heading in each supported language.
- The Placement field controls the sequence in which product options will appear, if you configure more than one group of product options for the same product. For example, if you add a group of Alternatives (upsells) and then go back and add a second group with Multiple choice options (cross-sells), the Placement field will control which group appears first below the primary product. Product options in Position #1 will appear first, product options in Position #2 will appear second, and so on.
- In the Products field, begin typing the name of the first product option you want to add. This can be an original product or a product variation (e.g. if you want to offer a discount to motivate customers to add the option). Search results will instantly appear just under the Products field, and will be updated each time you type a character.
- Select the product from the drop-down search results below the field. You can also repeat this process to add additional product options.
- You can also click Remove if you make a mistake or need to change the product being offered as an option.
- If you select the Pre-selected check box next to the product, the product option will be added to the cart automatically. Purchasers would have to click Remove if they do not want to purchase the item. (Note: Automatically adding the item to the cart may be viewed in a negative light by some customers and may result in a negative impact to your conversion rate and / or an increase in chargebacks or refunds.)
- Click SAVE to complete the process. The details page for the product, bundle or subscription you are editing will gain an additional field that lets you come back and edit the product options you have just configured. Click anywhere in the field (labeled Configuration (One) in the example below) to edit the product options.